Thursday, March 13, 2008

'worth a thousand words'















We had such a fun trip on this "junk" boat to Lamma Island, an outlying island about 30 minutes from Hong Kong. It was a very relaxing time as we sat up on the top and took in the sights. This is a big tourist spot, yet is also very popular with the Chinese crowd because of the seafood that is farmed in the waters right around the island. I have never had seafood cooked in the Chinese style, and now I can say I have had it and have no desire to ever have it again.

But it was wonderful to see "old glory" flying in the breeze from this boat, as one of the owners is originally from Vernon, Connecticut! All of these buildings are seafood restaurants and they have big tanks that hold the bounty from the sea for you to choose from, so you know it's very fresh.
















1 comment:

Raegan said...

Carol--
Retta told me about your blog. I was glad to see that you are blogging, as I am always asking Retta about you! I love checking in on people through their blogs!
You are brave on the seafood front...can't say I would have ever even tried it, fresh or not! :)
Enjoy blogging and I will enjoying reading all about your HK adventures!
Raegan