Friday, June 27, 2008

Back in the USA!


We made it safely to my bustling metropolis of a hometown, Rives Junction, Michigan, this past Tuesday afternoon and to my beloved Suburban waiting patiently for my return. I not only grew up on a farm, but in the heart of the automotive industry, and I have really missed driving our vehicles, especially my truck!

Our trip out allowed us to meet up with Karen and Doug and their beautiful daughter, Becky, when we made a stopover in Los Angeles. They took us to a lovely restaurant in Marina Del Ray and it was so nice to see a bit of this area and spend time with them.
It has been very relaxing sitting out on my dad's patio and having this for a view. . . to make it perfect, of course, all that is needed is a few cows and horses.
Zoe asked how long cars last as we were taking a little spin in our convertible. When I told her we planned on keeping this vehicle, she let out a very happy cheer!
Sitting with my sister on their deck and enjoying family time again.


3 comments:

Raegan said...

Glad you are home safe...enjoy your time!

Nora said...

Hi Carol, Brad, Ellen and Zoe,

You made it home--how wonderful. Let us know if you're passing through CT.
I've been enjoying your blog and Happy Belated Anniversary. Enjoy your summer.

Nora S.

Retta said...

Love the suburban picture. God bless America!!!!!!!!! I miss you!!!!!!