Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hong Kong from my phone

When we arrived in Hong Kong in August of 2006, I purchased a Motorola phone with a camera. I have taken pictures over the years but have just never taken the time to download them into my computer. I thought the time has come, because our time has just about come to an end here, and wanted to share with you some of the things that caught my eye while living here.

The large picture above was taken at one of my favorite places (not) which is the subway at rush hour. When Brad saw me taking this picture, he said if I post this no one will want to visit us!

This precious picture captures the first day of school here in Hong Kong for Ellen in the fall of 2006. Also in the picture are Ellen's fellow West Island school friends, Nina and Emily. Not sure who the boy is. But I can tell you that these kids have changed so incredibly much!! (sniff sniff).

This is just an adorable picture of our Zobo - this girl has changed quite a bit as well! She uses napkins more often now :) :)
Our beautiful Siena Club pool. On a clear day you can see over to Hong Kong. The kids have had lots of fun times here!
Angry skies over HK from the back of the ferry.
My mother would have approved of how the groundskeepers protect their skin from the harmful rays of the sun!
Looking down on a street in Kowloon.
Zoe and Melman (her going-to-the-dentist buddy) in June of 2008.
View from Crestmont where we live overlooking the Plaza/beach area of DB
This was so adorable. I was walking to the grocery store when I looked to my left and saw these three JRT's (Jack Russell Terriers) sitting on the bench with a paper attached to one of them that said something like "Don't pet, we will bite, owner back soon." Only in DB.
Retta and I couldn't believe it when we saw Miss Maddie Rae Fuman Kelley showing off her multi-tasking skills of drinking her apple juice and milk bottles at the same time!
Zoe and Ellen with the God of Fortune at Chinese New Year 2008
LOL!! Zoe snapped this of me on the bus after what must have been a very long day out. It's so true, "a picture is worth 1000 words."
Another picture from the ferry, this time coming to Hong Kong early in the morning
We may have McDonald's here in HK but the menu definitely caters to non-Western tastebuds! But you could combine breakfast and lunch I suppose in this meal. . .
You might be in need of this product after eating the meal above :) I was in Watson's not too long ago, which is a chain drug store in HK, and my eyes just happened to catch the word "Defecation." Then I just howled when I read the rest of this!! Look out Ex-Lax.
These are the pork chops I usually purchase at our grocery store, however, I passed on them this day after reading the sign. . . instead of "tender" it says "terder." Ew.

Okay, that's it folks. Hope you have enjoyed my trip down memory lane thanks to my cell (got to get used to saying this instead of "mobile" now) phone's camera!

4 comments:

Retta said...

That is great! I can't believe how little the girls look in the first pictures. I saw a picture of Ellen at Sandy's party and couldn't believe how grown up she looked!! That Watson's sign is hilarious, and not surprising :) Jon said that he can tell you are coming home because you look totally different. You have that, "I'm movin' home" glow about ya. Yay!

Nora said...

Carol,

When are you coming home? The pictures are great. Wow, how the girls have changed in three years.

Nora

Unknown said...

What wonderful pics! Looked like you were ready for some sleepy time. I remember seeing you like that more than a few times. Thanks so much for sharing. I got a good laugh at the last couple. I would love to see you when you get back. Please let me know when and where you will be so I can plan a trip....

Anonymous said...

Brad and Carol: We are so excited that you will be moving to Ann Arbor! After living apart since Caleb and Ellen were only 2 1/2 years old, they will now get to see eachother once-in-awhile. We live 1 1/2 hours away in Portage - straight shot on I-94. We too are starting a church here in Portage. Can't wait to share notes. Blessings on your move.
The Teermans