Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lost in Peng Chau


Retta and I took the ferry (partially seen in the picture above) over to Peng Chau, a small island nearby, in search of a dry cleaner a friend told me about that is much more reasonably priced than the one here in DB, as I had a large order. At the last moment, I asked Retta whether or not I should bring the camera (as we're always talking and thinking about blog entries with pictures) and she said, "Yes," and I'm glad I took it along as I got some good pictures while there. As the ferry was coming in, I said to Retta, "Do you think it looks like it's leaning over to one side?" She said, "Yes, it is." We're just so spoiled with those big, fancy DB ferries. But we got on anyway. I did look around for where the life jackets were. . . We found the laundry shop and you can also see that they sell fruit, vegetables and porcelain. It cost a fraction of what I paid last year to have curtains cleaned in DB, so I'll keep my fingers crossed all comes out all right.We saw this cute little boy wandering around lost and looking for his mother - who just happens to be my friend Retta, who also just happened to snap this picture with my camera, because her husband just happened to drop their camera that is exactly like my camera on the Great Wall. Major bummer. Jack was on a field trip to Peng Chau with his class and it was fun watching them running around exploring through the narrow streets.
Well, Retta, you were brave to ask, but once again, no sandals in your size! Must be difficult to have such big feet living in Asia - which also just happens to be my size. We feel each other's pain.
Peng Chau is a small fishing village with no motorized vehicles, so there are small streets with people on bikes and people shopping in the small family-owned stores. We noticed in just about every little store we went into they were watching a Chinese soap opera on T.V. Everyone wasl very intent on watching this program.
Retta couldn't find sandals to fit, but I found some to fit Zoe - and along with the glitter she was inspired to paint her toenails too.



No comments: