Sunday, April 20, 2008

Missing home


Well, it's official - I'm homesiiiiiiiick! I'm glad we took many pictures this past summer while home so we could go back and look at our fav people and places and remember they are still there waiting for us to return in a couple of months. The picture above is of the farm I grew up on, where my father has toiled many, many hours to make a beautiful place for cattle to graze, horses to roam, and crops to grow and for kids like me to have a place where there was plenty of room to play and call my own.


My next favorite place is the beach - a clean, beautiful Florida beach, we have visited many, many times, as we spent seven years living in Florida, and it's so close to grandma and papa's house too. Toes in the sand, looking out at the water, feeling the sun on my face, it doesn't get much better than that.
Well, everyone needs a crazy papa and the girls and their cousins have most certainly got one in their Papa Hicks! We could tell some "crazy papa" stories here right now, but I'll just let you enjoy the picture. . . I think once he sees I've posted this particular picture, I'm going to be glad I am 8,000-plus miles from Sebastian, Florida!
Ahhh, Target. Miss this place soooooo much too.
Now, this is what I am really, really missing, getting behind the wheel of my truck and taking off to, where else, Target and the grocery store and hauling a bunch of kids around!




2 comments:

Raegan said...

What a beautiful picture of the farm you grew up on!!! Hope you get to the US soon!
Raegan

Retta said...

I want to go HOOOOOOOOOOOME!! Target...we're coming!!!!! What a beautiful farm. No wonder you love it so much. It won't be long now....